Total Pageviews

2/17/2012

LOST IN THOUGHT




The clouds were grey as the wind blew by,
Strolling in the wynd alone and shy.
Never really knew I detested it why,
Rake did it up the thoughts that annoy.

It ain’t long since I could learn few things,
One takes nothin’ away & nothin’ he brings.
The lesson of life is none to trust,
Till the leaves turn brown & then to dust.

Think did I that the painful days are over,
Life tricked me down even lower.
Countless are the times I felt cheated & depleted,
Yet never from the challenges have I retreated.

I have this question that I know no answer of, why is life so unfair?
Why do we lose quickest, the ones we really care?
Why do we have to pick things & choose?
When we most surely know that we’re gonna lose.

How can Failure, Loss & Vengeance help the deprived?
When life imposes troubles over & again Contrived.
Oft times I sensed that I’ve had my fill while I lived.
None idea of how one gets by life killed.

We’re all bound together with the power of love,
One day soon it’ll end no matter how.
Life’s a gift, and one is all you got,
To know it’s worth for once, get Lost in Thought!


3 comments:

  1. superb!!!!!
    rich in meaning..very thought provoking n carries a matured feel throughout the poem..keep posting such beauties..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lost in thoughts while reading this poem good lyric and wonderful imagery style is used........ superb diction.......... keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suicide... the theme of this piece of art. a very compelling work, i must say. fills you with a sense of displeasure and discomfort... a feeling of blue i etched on your heart as you keep on reading it, then finally the last verse tells it all. i cant write what it is as it could be counted as spoilers!
    i'll play the song to you some day. it is by far the greatest piece of amateur work i've come across i'll be keeping a very close watch on what you do in your blog from now on.Please keep on posting, you have a great voice and conscience, spread it to the world.

    ReplyDelete